Gastrointestinal Health Panel™
The GI Health Panel™ is a non-invasive screen of the gastrointestinal tract and its function. It includes 15-22 individual, yet related tests. Stool and saliva samples are submitted by the patient after home collection.
Logic of Testing
To ensure high sensitivity and specifity of pathogenic organism detection, Diagnos-Techs employs a variety of methods in the GI Health Panel™ tests. These tests utilize proven biochemical and state-of-the-art immunological testing and other methods. The panel includes:
- Pathogen screening for bacteria, fungi, yeast and various parasites.
- Digestion-related screens for enzyme levels and immunochemical markers for intolerance to common offending foods.
- Intestinal function markers to evaluate irritation and in?ammation; markers indicate overall status of gut immunity and integrity, such as occult blood.
The GI Health Panel™ strikes a balance between comprehensive screening and economy by bundling appropriate individual tests that would otherwise cost over $700 at current prices.
Advantages and Benefits
- Non-invasive sampling using saliva and stool
- Home collection—No office visit
- Economical and insurance-reimbursable
- Comprehensive—Detects a broad spectrum of common pathogens and includes digestion efficiency evaluation
- Improved wellness—General GI complaints identified and resolved
- Modular—Retesting of one or several abnormal findings is available without repeating the entire panel
Common Applications of this Panel
- Individuals with chronic and vague GI symptoms including:
-Frequent bloating, gas, cramping and constipation
-Frequent travel within US and/or overseas
-Frequent eating outside the home
- People who are exposed to feces through sexual contact
- Food handlers (to protect others)
- Food preparers at restaurants, homes, schools, etc.
- Institutionalized individuals
- Uniformed services
- Dormitory residents
- Children who go to daycare centers
Who Needs the GI Health Panel™?
To determine if the GI Panel™ is appropriate for your gastrointestinal and other health problems, consult with your healthcare provider.
Get to the bottom of these complaints that keep coming back. No one enjoys heartburn, bloating or diarrhea.
You don’t have to travel to another country to contract a parasite; they are all around us, both in big cities, and in small towns.
Using antibiotics without an evaluation to reveal the type of infection can result in using an inappropriate antibiotic. This can actually strengthen the offending microbe and make it more difficult and expensive to treat.
Purchase Your Gastrointestinal Health Panel Here: GI Health Panel
*Please note: The purchase price of this product may not include interpretation of results. This fee depends on your status as a client.