Summer is here and it is time to talk hydration!
First want to thank Mt. Pleasant Waterworks for letting me give a quick talk last week about hydration. Attaching the video link for the talk..only about 10 minutes–check it out! As well, if you want my Refreshing Fat Loss Lemonade Recipe, be sure to read to the bottom.
Since our bodies are made of about 60% water, we really feel even the slightest bit of dehydration. Our bodies know how to function in a medium of water. In my view, if you want to be in optimal health, you need to be optimally hydrated!
Benefits of hydration:
- Flushes toxins
- Regulates blood pressure
- Metabolizes fat
- Assists in digestion
- Provides energy to cells
- Regulates appetite
- Lowers inflammation
Signs of DE-hydration:
- Dry skin
- Sunken eyes
- Dark Urine
How much water do you need?
Minimum requirement: 1/3 of your body weight in ounces (ie.120 lb. person needs 40 ounces per day)
What DE- hydrates you?
- Processed foods
- Sugar (Sodas, sugary foods)
- Artificial sweeteners (diet drinks) sodas
What Hydrates you?
- Electrolytes (from healthy sources), not gatorade!
- Balanced diet
Healthy Hydration Choices:
- Water (plain or add with slices of lemon, lime, orange and/or cucumber)
- Natural electrolyte drinks (Ultima replenisher, Recharge, Emergen-C)
- Herbal teas
- Seltzer water with splash of juice or liquid stevia (natural sweetener)
- Green tea (without high fructose corn syrup)
- Coconut water
2 Major Health Concerns during the summer months–staying hydrated and fat loss!
What a great time to share my Refreshing Fat Loss Lemonade with you! Fill out the form below to get it now.