A heartfelt thank you to everyone for a wonderful and healthy year!
I post this blog every year
1) Because you all loved it last year and the year before
2) Because my 10 year old can’t wait to make them again this year **a true testament to how yummy they are
3) Because I want to reinforce how healthy eating is delicious and can be a lifestyle
4) Because, again, I Thank You for a wonderful year!
Much Health and Prosperity in the year to come,
With the overly red face and big belly, it is possible… can’t say for sure since Santa’s not a patient of mine (not yet, anyway!). In our household, we’ve always made him gluten-free cookies… just in case!
And I have to share this amazing recipe with you. You simply won’t miss gluten (or any flour product at all) because they’re amazing! These are approved by Santa (and my 2 and 10 year-olds)
- 1 Cup ground almonds (almond meal)
- 3 Tbsp organic, unsalted butter
- 1/4 Cup raw, unprocessed, sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1/2 Cup of dark, naturally-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 egg, pasture-raised
- 1 Tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- A pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Melt butter
- Mix together all of the ingredients. (Don’t add the butter while it is still hot – let it cool for a while before adding it to the batter.)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Take one heaping teaspoon of batter at a time and place on the baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until they are done. Take them out of the oven when the sides start to brown.